Chapter 8: "Transforming the Pain Terrain: Theory and Practice in the Use of Mental Imagery for the Treatment of Pain" by David Pincus, Tonya Wachsmuth-Schläfer, Anees A. Sheikh and Shirin E.-Nikpay
in "Healing Images: The Role of Imagination in Health" edited by Anees A. Sheikh (2002)
- On Somatic Experiencing: "Healing Trauma" by Peter Levine (2008)
- "The Body keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma"
by Bessel van der Kolk (2014)
- "Interoception: The Eighth Sensory System: Practical Solutions for Improving Self-regulation, Self-awareness and Social Understanding of Individuals with Autism Spectrum and Related Disorders" by Mahler, Kelly J., and A. D. Craig (2015)
- The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication and Self-regulation by Steven Porges (2011)
- "Focusing" by Eugene Gendlin (1982)
- "Fiber for Life" by Dr Khosro Ezaz-Nikpay (2021)
. Soma: The Divine Hallucinogen by David Spess
by David Frawley
Holistic Health Centres in Cities:
- SOMA Clinic (Barcelona)
Eco Retreats around the world:
- Amara Valley (Catalunya, Spain)
- Molino de Guadalmesi (Tarifa, Spain)
- Argayal (La Gomera, Spain)
- Tamera (Portugal)
- Damanhur (Italy)
- Sieben Linden (Germany)
- ZEGG, Bad Belzig (Germany(
- Schloss Tempelhof (Germany)
- Pachamama (Costa Rica)
- Inanitah (Nicaragua)
- Esalen (California, USA)
- Harbin Hot Springs (CA, USA)
- Kalani (Hawaii, USA)
"SENSEIGHT - Our Inner Martial Artist"
A free introductory webinar to the SOMA method as part of the Senseight Training
by Shirin Nikpay (at TEC 2020)
I am currently in the process of creating a game for 1-6 participants: A journey starting together on earth and evolving along our 7 energy centres with our final destination: the sun - or "enlightenment".
This transformational process is based on trauma healing principles and involves guided mediations, questions & challenges that help connect to ourselves, our fellow travelling companions and to our environment.
The game will include at least 42 cards in this first edition, 1 wheel of emotions, 2 dice, 6 colour-specific containers to choose for each participant and a guide book that can also be used for daily guidance and personal practice.
My deadline to finalise the texts and print the cards etc is summer 2023 - if you would like to support this project and be one of the first to receive the game you are welcome to contact me and encourage me by funding this project - your donation will be a pre-payment to the final product priced at 49€.
Sign up to receive the monthly newsletter