Chapter 8: "Transforming the Pain Terrain: Theory and Practice in the Use of Mental Imagery for the Treatment of Pain" by David Pincus, Tonya Wachsmuth-Schläfer, Anees A. Sheikh and Shirin E.-Nikpay
in "Healing Images: The Role of Imagination in Health" edited by Anees A. Sheikh (2002)
- On Somatic Experiencing: "Healing Trauma" by Peter Levine (2008)
- "The Body keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma"
by Bessel van der Kolk (2014)
- "Interoception: The Eighth Sensory System: Practical Solutions for Improving Self-regulation, Self-awareness and Social Understanding of Individuals with Autism Spectrum and Related Disorders" by Mahler, Kelly J., and A. D. Craig (2015)
- The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication and Self-regulation by Steven Porges (2011)
- "Focusing" by Eugene Gendlin (1982)
Holistic Health Centres in Cities:
- SOMA Centre (Barcelona)
Eco Retreats around the world:
- Amara Valley (Catalunya, Spain)
- Molino de Guadalmesi (Tarifa, Spain)
- Argayal (La Gomera, Spain)
- Tamera (Portugal)
- Damanhur (Italy)
- Sieben Linden (Germany)
- Pachamama (Costa Rica)
- Inanitah (Nicaragua)
- Esalen (California, USA)
- Harbin Hot Springs (CA, USA)
- Kalani (Hawaii, USA)
"SENSEIGHT - Our Inner Martial Artist"
A free introductory webinar to the SOMA method as part of the Senseight Training
by Shirin Nikpay (at TEC 2020)
I started writing this book a couple of years ago in an attempt to tell my life story along all the magic wonders & miraculous healings that I have encountered during the past 40+ years.
This mostly poetic account is enriched with practical exercises for the reader that are simple yet powerful tools for self-development & healing.
You will receive the first few chapters including an outline of the following chapters that I will finally be able to complete with the help of your donation & feedback. A little teaser will be posted here soon!
Sign up to receive the monthly newsletter